I have an obsession with bags and necklaces. Not just any bags and necklaces, more specifically I have an obsession with Kate Spade, Michael Kors, and J Crew. Not cheap. But you can pretty much guarantee that every other week, sometime after payday, there is a new bag on my arm and a shiny new necklace hanging around my neck. Now let me be clear, I am NOT made of money. I still have bills to pay, meals to eat, a car to drive...but I have learned how to get the things I want on a budget.
- Don't pay full price - There are tons of sales out there if you know where to look. You'll kick yourself when you pay full price for something that is suddenly half off the next week. Trust me.
- Sign up for emails - I always sign up to get emails from my favorite brands, you'll never miss out on a sale. And a lot of companies run private sales designed specifically for their email lists.
- Wait - Even if you think you cant live without something don't buy it right away, chances are it will go on sale and if it doesn't? Lets be honest, there will always be something else.
- Set limits - Don't go crazy just because the prices are amazing! Limit yourself to one or two things that you really must have. Treat it like a present to yourself for getting through another crazy week at work.
- Check out flash sale websites - Sites like Hautelook and Gilt are awesome for finding designer goods at discount prices. And they are reputable companies so you know what you are getting is genuine.
- Shop at outlets - You can get the same things for half the price. I shop almost exclusively at J Crew Factory. Their products are identical to J Crew and they have a website which is perfect for a busy girl like me who does most of her shopping online.