Friday, November 22, 2013

I'm Glowing | Comparing Face Masks

Working 75 hours a week in an office with no windows does horrors to my skin.  The over exhaustion leaves my face gray and dull.  The lack of sun and vitamin D leaves my skin pale and I have noticed that my skin breaks out more than normal.  Also the added stress definitely doesn't help.

My normal skin care routine doesn't quite cut it anymore so Ive been searching for the product that will bring my skin back to life!  Over the past few weeks Ive been trying different masks, from drugstore to high end brands.  Ive found a few that I love so far, and depending on how I am feeling or what my skin needs I change them up every week.


This cucumber mask is perfect when I'm looking for something simple and low maintenance.  It dries quickly and it super easy to peel off!  You just have to make sure to apply it evenly so it dries all over.  I love how it feels cool on my skin as it dries and my skin always feels super soft after I have rinsed it off.  Ill usually do it on a Sunday afternoon and leave it on while I'm doing laundry or cleaning my room.  Quick and easy pick me up before Monday morning starts the week again.


The charcoal and black sugar mask is probably my favorite so far.  It works as a mask to get out the gross stuff and a scrub to wipe it all away.  It warms up when you put it on so it feels like it is working and it makes me feel refreshed and awake once Ive washed it off.  This is the most time consuming of the masks because you have to let it sit and then exfoliate your face before washing it off.  But it brightens my complexion and leaves a noticeable difference in just one use.


The bliss mask is the most expensive of the three but definitely the most fun!  Just like the bottle says, this mask gives instant results.  Once you put it on it starts foaming immediately, sort of feels like pop rocks on your face (but in a good way).  I don't feel like I'm getting a deep clean when I use it but you can feel it working its magic.  My face feels awake and energized after every use and its perfect for those days when you didn't get enough sleep the night before.


Going into the colder months when dry skin is everyone's worst nightmare masks are the way to go. If you don't use one already I highly recommend it! Whether its drug store, high end, or even homemade, they do the trick.








No comments:

Post a Comment